Transportation is an important activity in moving both freight and passengers around the world. As the economic grows, there is an increasing demand for goods and services. Therefore, it is important to manage the effective and efficient logistics and transport in meeting the customer demand and service goals. This is also essential to a firm’s competitive business strategy. In order to manage logistics and transport effectively, logistics and transportation industry need capable professionals to handle the planning, implementing and controlling the efficient and effective flows of goods, services and related information across the supply chain.
The Bachelor of Business Administration (Logistics & Transportations) with Honours is a four years programme. It was designed with the justification that logistics and transportation is a catalyst for economic and social development around the world. This programme provides a well-rounded business education, along with an opportunity to specialise in logistics and transportation management. It enables students to acquire a wide knowledge of logistics and transportation within a general, broad perspective of local and international transport and trade.
The programme fosters strong management skills, in areas including communication and presentation, leadership and teamwork, problem solving and the effective use of information technology. Graduates are equipped with the skills that are necessary to understand and manage logistics and transportation organizations and personnel.
The Bachelor of Business Administration (Logistics & Transportions) with Honours programme aims:
- To cultivate and produce quality graduates to fulfil the professional workforce in logistics, transport and related industries.
- To expose on various theoretical concepts in management, marketing, law, accounting, economic and related fields to potential students. These theoretical concepts are blended together in logistics and transport aspects.
- To analyse issues and problems in logistics and transport industries at macro and micro level and the adoption of professional thoughts to the related industries.
- To produce and equip graduate intellects, skilful, competence and high moral.
- To develop and enhance community understanding through logistics and transport research, consultancy and related fields
This program is accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), and internationally accredited by the Charted Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT). Graduates are granted full exemption from the Professional Qualifying Examination of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).